The Inverness Courier has reported that a man has suffered very bad burns after cutting down some Giant hogweed. The full story can be found here.
IF YOU FIND GIANT HOGWEED DO NOT TOUCH IT! The sap is toxic and can cause severe burns and blindness.
We urge people to learn about Giant hogweed and the threat it poses. Identification of this invasive weed is easy due to its size. Please visit our page on Giant hogweed identification here.
For assistance with identifying Giant hogweed or any other invasive weeds (Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam, Horsetail, etc.) or if you require weed control services, please call Invasive Weeds Agency Ltd on 0131 441 2953 or email us here.
IWA. Getting to the root of the problem.